Friday, October 12, 2007

Delayed launch of SCPW

Ahhh...we got so close. There was a minor glitch with a 3rd party vendor that prevented me from actually having the customers domains purchase and point to their website so we are once again delayed.
I've learned that creating a complex, code intensive website is almost like a really tough riddle. Once you think you've figured it out, you realize you missed something and it happens over and over again!
I've already let my investors know and they are frustrated along with me as they want to see this thing launch and make them money but they are also understanding and know I'm working my butt off to get this launched so that comforts them.
So I have my developers working on the issue and hopefully it can be resolved early next week which would put my launch date at about the 22nd of Oct.

Here's 2 pieces of advice to anyone considering an online business: Ensure you get awesome web developers/programmers (you get what you pay for!) and ensure you're well funded with access to additional capital because it will cost more than you allocate, probably much more.

No comments: